“Them’s Fightin’ Herds” trailer and release date out!
Mane6, the group which is working on a My Little Pony-inspired 2D fighting game called MLP: Fighting is Magic got slammed by Hasbro (owner of the My Little Pony property) with a cease and desist order on the developing game.
Instead of cancelling the project, the team came back, raising $600,000 on IndieGoGo for a new game called Them’s Fightin’ Herds. A huge accomplishment, which allowed them to release this trailer:
Them’s Fightin’ Herds is finally scheduled for release on Windows PC, February 22.
You can find more details on the game below:
Them’s Fightin’ Herds is a 2D Fighting game featuring a cast of 4-legged combatants! Beneath the cute and cuddly surface designed by acclaimed cartoon producer and developer Lauren Faust, a serious and mechanically deep, GGPO-powered fighter awaits!
– Unique Overworld Story Mode: Explore the world of Foenum and uncover secrets, costumes and special fights in an unprecedented RPG-style story mode! Speak to NPC’s! Solve puzzles using your characters’ unique ability! Eat apples!
– Visual Pixel Lobby: Online multiplayer lobby system uses the same style of overworld as Story Mode to allow all players to explore (read: goof around in) locations within the world of Foenum with other players. Customize your avatar with cosmetic items you collect through Story Mode AND Multiplayer PVP/PVE gameplay!
– 4-button Fighting: A-Light, B-Medium, C-Heavy, D-Magic.
– Juggle Decay: Opponents become gradually heavier during a combo, but ONLY after the juggle decay bar is filled. This manages combo length without imposing a hard limit. In addition, filling the juggle decay bar prevents standing infinites by removing the opponent’s ability to remain standing for the rest of that combo. -Enhanced Super Attack: Spend an additional meter to add utility to your main super attack with effects that stay true to the characters’ unique personalities and talents!
-Enhanced Super Attack: Spend an additional meter to add utility to your main super attack with effects that stay true to the characters’ unique personalities and talents!
– Magic System: Emphasize your character’s special abilities through a dedicated button and a unique resource.
– Dynamic Music System: Rockin’ character themes that adapt in the heat of the battle makes every fight a treat to the players AND the spectators.
– GGPO powered netplay for the smoothest possible fighting game experience.